From time to time, I develop handouts on ways to use my books and their subject matter in the classroom.
- Discussion and Activity Guide from Scientists in the Field for “The Call of the Osprey“.
- Comprehensive Lesson Plans for Grades 4 and Up for “Saving Audie: A Pit Bull Puppy Gets a Second Chance” by California teacher Charity Allison-Jar.
- For ideas on how to use Lewis and Clark in the curriculum, including suggestions for history, geography, language arts, science, and research skills, along with a list of useful references, click here >>
- For ideas on using Lewis and Clark in the science curriculum, including suggestions for paleontology, geology, and biology, click here >>
- My book “The Right Dog for the Job” follows the life of Irah, a golden retriever puppy who started out being trained as a service dog for the physically challenged but ended up as a perfect Guide Dog for the Blind. His puppy raiser, Sandy Welch, is a 6th grade teacher, and she developed a classroom unit for her students.